Assistant Management Accountant
Welcome to Derby Theatre
We’re pleased that you’re interested in our new vacancy – Assistant Management Accountant – and have decided to find out more.
Job title: ASSISTANT MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Responsible to: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, with support from the UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Responsible for: NONE
Key Relationships: ALL STAFF TEAM; MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT at UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
Purpose of Post:
To manage the finance delivery at Derby Theatre and ensure the successful running of the organisation, and implement necessary financial strategies. Key areas include:
• To take a lead on non-pay reporting, forecasting and budgeting ensuring accurate and timely information to Derby Theatre.
• To support the set up and accurate reporting of projects, liaising with the budget and project managers to ensure effective financial project management.
• To oversee financial aspects of theatre related activities, including settlements
• To co-ordinate payroll including: weekly payroll for casual members of staff, monthly payrolls for productions
• To support with tax claims, such as Theatre Tax Relief and Gift Aid
MAIN TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Salary: £28,000 per annum pro rata
Hours: Flexible – minimum 0.5 FTE to 0.8 FTE (based on 39 hours per week)
Occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required
Holiday: 28 days per annum, including Bank Holidays, rising to 33 days over five years
Probation: This post is subject to a six-month probationary period
Notice: One month during probationary period, two months thereafter.
Benefits: Complimentary or discounted tickets to selected shows (non-transferable and subject to availability), free travel on University of Derby buses.
Other Terms In accordance with BECTU and the Derby Theatre House Agreement. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance is required for this post.
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit our website www.derbytheatre.co.uk to download an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (these are combined in one document). You must fill in this form to apply as no CVs will be accepted.
• Make sure you save your application form with the file name including your name and the job title, e.g. Your Name – Job Title – Application form
• Read our guide to ‘Applying for a job at Derby Theatre’ for information about the application process
• If you want to answer the PERSONAL STATEMENT section as a video or audio file, please attach the files in an mp4 format, ensuring that they are no higher than 10MB or send via a we transfer link https://wetransfer.com/
• Email your completed application form, or files and equal opportunities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to actively champion and celebrate diversity in all its forms. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all of those we work with and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We positively encourage disabled people, people of African or Caribbean heritage, South Asian heritage, East Asian heritage, West Asian heritage, Central Asian heritage, South East Asian heritage and people of Middle East and North African heritage and those who have experienced racism. By the term ‘those who have experienced racism’, we are referring to individuals who have experienced discrimination based on the colour of their skin, race and/or their culture.
We positively encourage people with disabilities or from minority ethnic backgrounds to apply to join our teams as they are under-represented within Derby Theatre’s workforce. We guarantee to interview any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role.
Closing Date: Friday 20 May (Noon) 2022
Interview Date: W/C Monday 30 May 2022