Friday 9 February 2018, 10am – 5pm, Alan Bates Room, Derby Theatre
Time management, priority management and stress management are often seen to be three separate things but we often find that they are all closely related.Time management is essentially a way of gaining control, allowing you to better utilise every minute of every day in ways that allow you to accomplish more.Priority management enables you to better identify what is possible within the time that you have – and to actively establish strategies to ensure that you aren’t setting yourself up to be overwhelmed. As we do this, we also gain a sense of control. Stress management enables us to recognise the causes of stress, interpret the emotions involved and redirect its effects on you in a positive, healthy manner.
The course covers the basics of time, priority and stress management and how to set about implementing new ways of managing your workload. It will cover the barriers to managing time effectively including how to overcome procrastination as well as managing the expectations of others dependent on you and creating positive feedback loops so that you feel in control and notice the progress and impact you are making in your work.
At the end of this course you will:
1) Understand the rules of good Time Management
2) Increased awareness of how you manage time
3) Use some basic tools to identify priorities
4) Learn how to reduce your time wasters and barriers to Time Management
5) Understand the effect of stress when managing yourself and others
6) Recognise the stress warning signs
7) Develop strategies to reduce stress and its negative impact on your wellbeing
8) Understand what delegation is and how to do it to spread your workload
9) Prepare an Action Plan of things to do back at work
Course Leader: Richard Watts (People Make It Work)
This workshop is presented by The Big House. Big House is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and is aimed at developing your company as a business. We help you develop new audiences, identify funding opportunities, boost your profile with venues and develop your company into a sustainable business.