Each year the National Theatre commissions ten new plays for young people to perform, bringing together some of the UK's most exciting writers with the theatre-makers of tomorrow.
Six youth theatre companies will come to Derby Theatre to perform their own productions of plays by Mojisola Adebayo, John Donnelly, Vivienne Franzmann and Liz Mytton, Claire Proctor and Justine Themen.
Please see below the performance dates on which local youth theatre companies will be performing at Derby Theatre.
Burton & South Derbyshire College - A Series of Public Apologies (in response to an unfortunate incident in the school lavatories) by John Donnelly
Telford Priory School - Wind/Rush Generation(s) by Mojisola Adebayo
Age guide: 15+
Loughborough Schools - The IT by Vivienne Franzmann
Rugby School - A Series of Public Apologies (in response to an unfortunate incident in the school lavatories) by John Donnelly
Age guide: 14+
Derby Theatre Connections Company - Like There's No Tomorrow by Justine Themen, Claire Proctor and Liz Mytton
Dudley College Performing Arts - Witches Can't Be Burned by Silva Semerciyan
Age guide: 14+
Don't forget, there's also plenty of online and in-person workshops to explore.
- All bookings must be made in advance. Where possible, please book online via our website where you will be issued with an e-ticket.
- Please note that the Box Office is currently only available to take calls on Fridays and Saturdays, 11am - 2pm, until further notice. For any enquiries please email email@example.com or text 07717 346 964 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please make sure your theatre account has an up-to-date e-mail address and contact number so we can send your e-ticket.
- Book with confidence: we will be offering a flexible ticketing policy to avoid any concern about cancelled performances. A free exchange or refund will be offered in cases of event cancellations due to COVID-19.
Socially Distanced Seating Pods
- In line with government advice, we are offering seats for all in-person events up until 21 June 2021 in socially distanced pods with one metre distance between each pod. Pods of seats can only be booked and occupied by people from within one household or bubble.
- Please only book into a seating pod that matches your group size. If the pod size you wish to book is not available, please consider booking two pods of 2 for a group of 4, one pod of 2 and one pod of 3 for a group of 5 and so on. If this is not suitable, please do get in touch to discuss by email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07717 346 964.
- Please note there is some level of flexibility and if demand is there we will look to adapt the seating plan as and where we can, while maintaining social distancing, to continue offering varying sized pods.
- If government guidelines change before this event takes place, the seating plan may change and capacity may increase.