Special performances for schools offering class-sized and socially distanced bubble bookings.
Derby Theatre is thrilled to announce that we WILL be open this Christmas with The Little Mermaid, a socially-distanced gem of a show for all ages.
Following the latest government guidance, we are absolutely delighted to offer a limited number of special performances available just for schools, and other educational groups, where bookings can be made in socially distanced, class/group-sized bubbles.
There’s nothing like a festive trip to the theatre, and you won’t want to miss The Little Mermaid – an uplifting underwater adventure perfect for ages 5 and over.
The Little Mermaid will be our first production on stage since March, as we re-open for audiences with safety measures in place.
Schools’ performances are on the following days, and we can offer class-sized bubble bookings in groups of between 12 and 38 people: EARLY BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
Thursday 3 December, 10.30am
Thursday 10 December, 10.30am
Friday 11 December, 10.30am
Thursday 17 December, 10.30am
Friday 18 December, 10.30am
Schools’ tickets are ONLY £10 each, plus one teacher ticket FREE with every 10 purchased.
About the Show
The Little Mermaid weaves a magical tale of love, loss and adventure where two fish characters take us on a journey with the ever-curious little mermaid who is enthralled with the unknown world above the sea and the humans that inhabit it. The Little Mermaid longs to leave her beautiful world and chase happiness as a human…but transformation and love come at a price.
Directed by Sarah Brigham, and from the amazingly talented creative team who have produced numerous much-loved Derby Theatre Christmas shows, this enchanting story promises to be a theatrical experience that will thrill children and adults alike. Packed with music and charm, this classic tale will transport you to a world where magic, passion and seaweed collide.
See It Safely
We can’t wait to welcome audiences back to the Theatre and you can book with confidence. New health and safety measures have been introduced, in line with government advice and local health authority requirements, to make the trip for you and your pupils both safe and enjoyable.
This includes a combination of guidance from Theatre staff during your visit to Derby Theatre, reduced capacity, socially distanced seating plans (in class-sized bubbles for these special performances); one-route entry into and exit from the auditorium and to your seats, the use of face coverings, hand sanitisation stations, enhanced cleaning schedules, plus much more.
View Health & Safety Guide
How To Book
To make a schools’ booking for The Little Mermaid:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘The Little Mermaid Schools’ Booking’ in the subject line of the email.
- Please state: what date and time you are interested in, how many people (including pupils and teachers) you would like to book for, the name of the school/educational establishment and the name and full contact details for the person making the booking (name, address, email address, telephone number). Once your request has been received, a member of our team will be in touch to discuss/confirm your booking.
- Reserve Now Pay Later. Reservations can be made without payment. Payment in full will required two full weeks before your performance date. We will issue you with an invoice and payment can be made via BACS.
- We can support on risk assessments and coach drop-off arrangements. 'Covid Secure’ teacher familiarisation visits that take place on-site to outline all the safety measures we have in place are available on request when making your booking.
- Changes To Your Booking. Changes can be made to your booing whilst it is still an unpaid reservation. We will do our best to accommodate any requested changes.
Check back soon for more events and learning resources for Primary Schools as we begin to re-open following our closure.