As well as being the place where the Theatre students study, Derby Theatre makes inspiring home-grown professional shows and presents the best of touring theatre from around the UK.
From classic drama and West End shows on our main stage, to fresh new writing and emerging companies in our Studio, there's something for everyone at Derby Theatre.
To get your Student tickets, sign up and book with your @unimail.derby.ac.uk email address online or present your Student ID when purchasing at the Box Office!
Upcoming shows you can see for £5 include:
If you have a friend that isn't a student here, but is aged 16-25, they can also get tickets for a fiver on Friday evening performances. See more here.
Student Ambassador Scheme
Our Student Ambassador Scheme allows selected students to gain invaluable experience by working alongside us to promote theatre to students across the Midlands. We're now looking to recruit more ambassadors to join our team for the academic year of 2019/20!
The scheme works by giving students (on any university course not just theatre courses) an insight into what happens 'backstage' at a professional theatre. As Derby Theatre is a learning theatre, all of the team are engaged in helping students develop their knowledge and experience by opening up their departments, the times of which fit flexibly around your studies.
Therefore, we have a variety of opportunities to allow you to find your passion within the theatre. Or simply join us to find out more about what happens at Derby Theatre!
What we can offer you during your time as a Student Ambassador:
1) Complimentary tickets for you and a plus one to see one of our produced shows (we do six every year!) either on press night or during previews
2) A chance to meet the cast and visit rehearsals of one of our produced shows
3) To learn more about marketing and other areas of what happens 'backstage' at a professional learning theatre
4) A platform for your voice to be heard - blogs and reviews written by yourselves will be published on our website
What you can offer us as a Derby Theatre Student Ambassador:
1) Seeing work and then composing blogs/ reviews for us to publish on our website
2) Having a strong social media presents in order to encourage people/fellow students to see a show
3) Occasional door drops of flyers and posters to help spread the word about a show around the community