Health & Safety Information for Your Visit
Reassuring our audiences, visitors and staff
At Derby Theatre, our mission is to create truly memorable experiences and we place the upmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our audience members, visitors and staff.
We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and local health authority requirements.
This includes a combination of reduced capacity, social distancing and the use of face coverings.
These measures are in place for when the Theatre re-opens this Summer.
Some of the measures set out may be clearly visible from the moment you arrive at the Theatre or some which require consideration by our visitors to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit.
Please note: this guide will be updated as per government guidelines so please do check back for future updates as we receive these.
- All bookings must be made in advance. Where possible, please book online via our website, where you will be issued with an e-ticket. Remember to book early to avoid disappointment as there is limited capacity available.
- Please make sure your theatre account contains an up-to-date email address so we can send your e-ticket.
For more information on any of the following please read our Booking Guidelines.
- How To Book
- Socially Distanced Seating Pods
- Track and Trace
- E-Tickets or Ticket Collection
- Flexible Ticketing Policy
Track and Trace
When booking, please ensure your contact details on your theatre account have an up-to-date phone number and email address.
Please allow additional time during your visit to follow instructions from staff in the collection of track and trace data. This is in place for everyone’s safety.
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you refrain from attending the Theatre should you start displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
- We may ask you to arrive, and/or admit entry into our auditorium, at staggered times to manage entrance points, reduce large gatherings and maintain social distancing. Please follow any additional guidance that we may send you directly in advance and/or as advised by our front of house team on the day.
- Before leaving home, please check our website and social media pages for any updates. We will also send you a pre-show email with the latest information about your event.
- Please allow more time to arrive at the Theatre, to park, access the building and to familiarise yourself with the new layout and safety measures in place.
- Please only bring one small bag where possible, as we are unable to store any personal items for audience members.
- Please be ready to make any on-site payments via a contactless bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
- If you are arriving on foot via the shopping centre, signage is in place in the centre to safely guide you to the Theatre.
- New signage with key information, instructions, guidance and advice will be in place at the Theatre. Staff will be on hand upon arrival to answer any questions you may have to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Contactless and Card Payments are preferable but there may be a reduced option for cash only services.
- Visitors must bring along and wear a face covering at all times whilst in our venue, including when seated in our auditorium, unless you are exempt due to a mental, physical or hidden disability or are under 11 years old. Please do not be offended if a member of our front of house team double checks that the reason you are not wearing a face covering is for medical reasons.
- You may remove your face covering to enjoy our food and drinks.
- Derby Theatre fully supports anyone who does not wish/is unable to wear a face covering due to a mental, physical or hidden disability. We are proud supporters of the Sunflower Lanyard Scheme and have lanyards and badges available.
- Young people under the age of 11 are not required to wear a face covering.
- Derby Theatre staff will wear protective face visors at all times.
- We are working to maintain reduced visitor numbers and ensure all our customers feel safe and comfortable in our spaces. Our auditorium and building is working at a 25% capacity to adhere to social distancing where possible.
- Auditorium layout – you will notice a different seating plan to the one you are used to. Derby Theatre has reduced its capacity in the main house by up to 75% to allow for social distancing at all events up until 21 June 2021 at the earliest. . Please only sit in the seat/s you are allocated.
- In line with government advice, gatherings of six people within social settings is prohibited. Our seating inside the auditorium is managed and socially distanced, but we will not be offering seating pods in groupings larger than 6 (except for designated events for schools).
- Our toilets on both levels will be fully open but please adhere to social distancing where possible. Available toilets and urinals will be marked for use in line with social distancing.
- Visitors will notice new information signage informing them of key safety and social distancing messages and instructions.
- Support barriers and socially-distanced floor markers will be in place to manage any queues at the Box Office and toilets.
- We request all visitors to respect social distancing guidance, measures and advice at all times.
- Please be assured that the Theatre and foyer seating have been fully deep cleaned and will be cleaned and sprayed in between performances with anti-viral products.
- We have enhanced our cleaning schedules and will ensure that we regularly clean high touch points at service and ticket areas.
- We have the following hygiene and safety measures in place: hand sanitisation points, staff wearing face masks/clear visors and clear protective screens at Box Office and service points.
- As with our staff team, we politely ask all our visitors to uphold the highest possible hygiene standards, whether it be when sneezing or coughing, regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
Food & Refreshments
Our café and bar areas will be open during your visit, adhering to government hospitality guidelines.
Whilst visiting the café or bar, please follow guidance and instructions as per the signage.
We will be offering a new menu, which will be available to view on our website from late May/early June.
Table and Seat Service
Please place your order at one of our till points, using our tick box menu, and our friendly team will deliver this to your table or auditorium seat.
We hope these new health and safety measures ensure you have confidence and reassurance when visiting us.
These are unprecedented times for everyone, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, we advise everyone to inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before they visit.
We thank you for your custom and understanding and we look forward to welcoming you back to Derby Theatre.