James Naughtie: On the Road: Adventures from Nixon to Trump
Thursday 27 May, 7:30pm - 9pm
James Naughtie, special correspondent for BBC News, is one of the country's best-known broadcasters and has covered every US election from Nixon in 1974 to Biden in 2020. He tells the story of a country that is grappling with a dream. What has it come to mean in the new century, and who do Americans now think they are?
His book includes fascinating insights on the controversial presidential election battle in 2020 between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. It may mark the end of Trump’s term – but maybe not the end of Trumpism as a political movement.
Jim has been travelling in America since the 1970s, witnessing many of the important events that have shaped the country as it is today. On the Road is an account of his experiences, the places and people he has encountered and the changes he has seen.
Jim presented Today on Radio 4 for 21 years, has hosted every edition of BBC Radio 4’s Bookclub since it began in 1998 and has reported for the BBC from around the world for more than three decades.
This is an online livestream. In-person tickets for this event are also available...
Sponsored by Peveril Homes
- All bookings must be made in advance and we encourage you to book online. Please note that you must book tickets by 6:30pm on Thursday 27 May (one hour before the livestream start time).
- After booking, you will first be sent a temporary e-ticket to confirm your booking. Then on the day, at one hour before the livestream start time, you will receive a second e-ticket which contains the link and password to view the livestream online.
- Your e-tickets will be sent via email from email@example.com to the email address on your theatre account. Please make sure your account has a correct e-mail address so we can send your e-ticket and your link/password. Your e-ticket will also be accessible from your theatre account.
- IMPORTANT: to ensure you don't miss any emails from us, please add the email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com to your known/safe senders list or be sure to check your junk or spam folders. This does not add you to our marketing mailing list.
- You do not need a Vimeo account to watch the livestream but you will need to enter the password.
- A digital usher will be present should you have any issues accessing the performance. Their name and contact details will be included in the email with your link and password.