Saturday 29 May, 8pm - 9pm
She wasn't fond of the term, but Victoria Wood truly was a national treasure - and her loss is still keenly felt.
In her passport Victoria Wood listed her occupation as 'entertainer' - and in stand-up and sketches, songs and sitcom, musicals and dramas, she became the greatest entertainer of the age. Those things that might have held her back - her lonely childhood, her crippling shyness and above all the disadvantage of being a woman in a male-run industry - she turned to her advantage to make extraordinary comedy about ordinary people living ordinary lives in ordinary bodies.
Victoria had plenty of stories still to tell when she died in 2016, and one of those was her own autobiography.
That sadly never came to pass, so Victoria's estate has asked Jasper Rees, who interviewed her more than anyone else, to tell her extraordinary story in full. He was granted complete and exclusive access to Victoria's rich archive of personal and professional material, and conducted over 200 interviews with her family, friends and colleagues - among them Victoria's children, her sisters, her ex-husband Geoffrey Durham, Julie Walters, Celia Imrie, Dawn French, Anne Reid, Imelda Staunton and many more.
This is an online livestream. In-person tickets for this event are also available...
Sponsored by Smith Partnership.
- All bookings must be made in advance and we encourage you to book online. Please note that you must book tickets by 7pm on Saturday 29 May (one hour before the livestream start time).
- After booking, you will first be sent a temporary e-ticket to confirm your booking. Then on the day, at one hour before the livestream start time, you will receive a second e-ticket which contains the link and password to view the livestream online.
- Your e-tickets will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address on your theatre account. Please make sure your account has a correct e-mail address so we can send your e-ticket and your link/password. Your e-ticket will also be accessible from your theatre account.
- IMPORTANT: to ensure you don't miss any emails from us, please add the email addresses email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org to your known/safe senders list or be sure to check your junk or spam folders. This does not add you to our marketing mailing list.
- You do not need a Vimeo account to watch the livestream but you will need to enter the password.
- A digital usher will be present should you have any issues accessing the performance. Their name and contact details will be included in the email with your link and password.