Departure Lounge Festival 2018 Line Up Announced
In Good Company's annual arts festival has announced its full line up for 2018
Departure Lounge is celebrating its 6th anniversary and will host a bumper line-up of innovative performances, workshops and talks this summer from Thursday 19 - Sunday 22 July.
- East Meets West - The Human Search Engine: a FREE peer support session facilitated by Little Earthquake, a network that aims to reduce barriers and encourage collaboration between, and within the East and West Midlands’ independent theatre-making communities.
- Leadership in the Arts Panel Discussion: practitioners, artists and audiences are invited to come together for a fascinating and insightful discussion with leaders from a range of inspirational arts organisations in the UK - including Sarah Brigham, Jenny Sealey and Natalie Ibu.
- Wrecked: a crashed car, no way out. In Fever Dream's powerful and gripping piece of site-specific theatre you will be invited to a written-off vehicle, to experience the aftermath of an accident.
- User Not Found: Dante or Die's new play explores our digital identities after we die and will be in The Theatre Café. User Not Found is the recipient of In Good Company’s mid-career artist commission.
- Open Wound: Departure Lounge's Package Holiday production explores how the heightened gendered, racialized and classed social expectations in the new global context permeate into the most intimate relationships.
- We Are Ian: In Bed With My Brother's a mad ‘fer it show transports audiences back to 1989 and into the frenzied world of drugs, beats, bucket hats, acid parties… and throwing two fingers up to Thatcher!
Ben Anderson (Creative Producer, In Good Company) said:
“Departure Lounge continues to challenge, inspire and entertain audiences and artists alike. We have a hugely diverse programme on offer once again this year which will animate every corner of Derby Theatre and beyond, as we branch out into the Intu Centre for the first time. Derbados is being put on the map globally with international company Theatre Replacement's Town Choir. We've also got our regular mix of the best of the East Midlands blended with the UK’s most exciting artists, sharing works-in-progress, performances in cafés and cars, immersive and intimate performances, touring work and Edinburgh previews.
Departure Lounge exists to present theatre of the most radical nature right in the heart of the country; proving that the Midlands is a vibrant place to shape the future of theatre.”
Weekend Pass - £60 Earlybird offer now available. Save a massive £70 when you book by Thursday 31 May.