How To Make A Puppet Theatre Tutorial - Week 1 - Reimagine 2020 Family Creatives
Meet Connie! A brilliant theatre designer and artist who will guide through how to make your very own puppet theatre in the video below.
You will need:
1) A box
2) A ruler or something to measure with.
3) A pen
1) Take your box. Using a ruler mark 2cm in from each of the short edges. Draw a line to mark these.
2) Next we are going to cut out the centre and top sections of the box.
If you’re using scissors or something sharp to cut with – make sure you have an adult there to help. Or you could ask them do it for you!
Start by cutting off one of the long sides of the box.
3) Stick the top back together so it holds it’s shape.
4) Now cut along both the lines you’ve drawn.
5) Fold the front down, and cut along the fold to remove this.
6) Tear up some strips of paper (any sort of paper will do). You’ll need quite a few.
7) Take some glue.
Glue your strips of paper all over the outside of your box. This will hide anything printed on the box, and make it stronger.
8) Now you’ve built your very own puppet theatre, join us in the next film for How To Create A Set.
Sending Us Your Filmed Creation
When you have watched all five tutorial videos and created each part of your puppet theatre you can send us your filmed creations in two ways:
- Send one continuous film
- Send a series of shorter filmed creations we can edit together.
To submit your films use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
TOP TIP: If your file is very big we recommend uploading to YouTube and sending us the link or use the free wetransfer.com to send the video file.
We will download your filmed creations and edit them together into a music video.
We look forward to seeing your filmed creations!