How to Create Set: Puppet Theatre Tutorial Week 2
Welcome to your second #Reimagine 2020: Family Creatives ‘How To’ video, where you will learn how to create the set for your puppet theatre.
You will need:
1) Some plain paper or card
2) Your puppet theatre box from video 1
5) Colouring pens or pencils
7) Pen or pencil for drawing lines
- Take your card
- Using a ruler mark 2cm in from one of the short edges
- Draw a line to mark this.
- Fold the card along the line
- Take a pen and draw a tree next to the edge you have folded.
- Use the full height of the page so the tree stretches between the two long edges of the card.
- Colour in the tree
- Cut along the edge of the tree in the centre of the page.
- If you’re using scissors or something sharp to cut with – make sure you have an adult there to help. Or you could ask them do it for you!
- Take your puppet theatre box, and fold back the edge of the tree at a right angle.
- This will be how we fix the tree to the puppet theatre.
- To attach it, take your tape. Tear off a piece the length of the tree, and stick this to the back of the folded edge.
- Stick the tree to the inside of the puppet theatre.
- Repeat this sequence - this time drawing some grass, and leaving a fold at the bottom edge of the picture.
- Cut this out.
- Repeat this sequence to add the sun and some more greenery to your set. Add them to your puppet theatre. Ta dah!
You’ve created the set for your puppet theatre, join us in the next film for How To Create A Puppet.
Missed A Stage?
Sending Us Your Filmed Creation
When you have watched all five tutorial videos and created each part of your puppet theatre you can send us your filmed creations in two ways:
- Send one continuous film
- Send a series of shorter filmed creations we can edit together.
To submit your films use the email address: email@example.com
TOP TIP: If your file is very big we recommend uploading to YouTube and sending us the link or use the free wetransfer.com to send the video file.
We will download your filmed creations and edit them together into a music video.
We look forward to seeing your filmed creations!