Statement in response to the lifting of lockdown restrictions from 19 July - some measures will remain in place at Derby Theatre
Update as at Wednesday 14 July
Following the latest government announcement on Monday 12 July, confirming the lifting of remaining lockdown restrictions from Monday 19 July, this is a lifeline to our industry and one that will hopefully be a turning point on the road to recovery.
We are delighted and relieved by this news. However, the safety and confidence of our audiences in returning for a safe and enjoyable visit remains a priority and of paramount importance.
Remaining Safety Measures
Therefore, beyond Monday 19 July, some safety measures will remain in place, including:
- The seating capacity on selected shows during the summer will not exceed 65% of the overall capacity.
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Wearing of face coverings strongly encouraged, especially while moving around inside the venue
- Flexible ticketing policy which offers credit to any customers who are unable to attend due to any Covid-related matters or circumstances.
- Enhanced cleaning – with a particular focus on touch points.
- Ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social / physical distancing in the Café/Bar.
For upcoming shows currently on sale during the summer
- Home Girl has unfortunately had to be cancelled due to Covid-disruptions to rehearsals
- For Marty and the Party, seating will remain at a socially distanced capacity.
For shows beyond the summer and into the autumn, we continue to review this and will inform audiences as soon as more updates become available.
We will continue to be guided by Government guidance and advice, as well as UK Theatres, and will update audiences with more specific information through direct contact and by displaying key information on show pages on our website, plus our social media channels, as and when updates become available.
Box Office and Visiting the Building
Our Box Office will continue to be open for in-person bookings and calls on 01332 59 39 39 from Tuesday to Saturday, 10am until 2pm.
Box Office and booking enquiries can also be made by emailing email@example.com or via text phone on: 07717 346964.
Bookings online are available 24/7.
We would like to thank our audiences for their continued support, patience and understanding as we adapt to ongoing changes.