Tickets Now On Sale!
Derby Theatre is re-opening and set to make a splash this Christmas! Join us for a new, socially distanced festive production of The Little Mermaid - an uplifting underwater adventure perfect for ages 5 and over.
Far below the crashing waves of the ocean’s surface, and into its deepest depths, is where our story begins. The Little Mermaid finds herself out of her depth as she battles with storms and witches to find her one true love.
The Little Mermaid weaves a magical tale of love, loss and adventure where two fish characters take us on a journey with the ever-curious little mermaid, who is enthralled with the unknown world above the sea and the humans that inhabit it. The Little Mermaid longs to leave her beautiful world and chase happiness as a human… but transformation and love come at a price.
Directed by Sarah Brigham and from the amazingly talented creative team who have produced many much-loved Derby Theatre Christmas shows, this enchanting story promises to be a theatrical experience that will thrill children and adults alike.
The Little Mermaid is based on the original production by Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre.
Running Time: approx 55 minutes (no interval).
Please note that visitors must bring along and wear a face covering at all times whilst in our venue, including when seated in our auditorium, unless you are exempt due to a mental, physical or hidden disability or are under 11 years old.
- All bookings must be made in advance. We encourage you to book online, where you will be issued with an e-ticket.
- Please make sure your theatre account has an up-to-date e-mail address and contact number so we can send your e-ticket and contact you for Track and Trace if necessary.
- Remember to book early to avoid disappointment as there is limited capacity available.
- Book with confidence: we will be offering a flexible ticketing policy to avoid any concern about cancelled performances. A free exchange or refund will be offered in cases of event cancellations due to COVID-19.
- In line with government advice, we are only able to offer seats in socially distanced pods (of varying sizes, but not exceeding six people), with two metre distance between each pod. Pods of seats can only be booked and occupied by people from within one household or bubble.
- Please only book into a seating pod that matches your group size. For example a group of 2 people should not book into a pod for 4 people. If your pod size is not available please try another performance.
- If the pod size you wish to book is not available on any of your desired dates, please consider booking one pod of 3 and one pod of 2 for a group of 5, or two pods of 3 for a group of 6. If this is not suitable, please do get in touch to discuss by email firstname.lastname@example.org, text 07717 346 964 or call (only available Fridays 11am-2pm) 01332 59 39 39.
- Please note this is a standard seating plan. There is some level of flexibility and if demand is there we will look to adapt the seating plan on certain dates as and where we can, while maintaining social distancing, to continue offering varying sized pods (if and where the seating plan allows), including single seats and pods for 5 people.
The Little Mermaid will officially launch the re-opening of Derby Theatre to the public for performances and you can rest assured that the venue will be safe for audiences attending.
Safety measures will include socially distanced seating, reduced capacity, e-tickets, staff wearing protective face visors, hand sanitisation stations, enhanced cleaning schedules, plus much more.
These stringent measures have all been put in place to fully adhere to government guidelines and to ensure our audiences feel safe and confident in visiting us.
BSL Interpreted: Wednesday 9 December, 1:30pm and Saturday 12 December, 1.30pm
Relaxed Performances: Saturday 12 December, 1:30pm and Thursday 17 December, 1:30pm
A limited number of special performances for The Little Mermaid are also available just for schools, and other educational groups, where we are offering bookings in socially distanced, class/group-sized bubbles between 12 and 38 people.
Schools’ tickets are ONLY £10 each, plus one teacher ticket FREE with every 10 purchased. Early booking is strongly recommended.
To make a schools’ booking for The Little Mermaid: please email email@example.com with ‘The Little Mermaid Schools’ Booking’ in the subject line of the email.
Friends Membership Deal
All our Friends are entitled to a special discount of £2 off each ticket, valid on any performance of The Little Mermaid up to and including Sunday 13 December (maximum of four offer tickets only).
Look out for your discount code landing in your inbox very soon! Please remember to login to your account before selecting seats and entering the code.
If you are travelling by car, parking is available in the Intu Basement car park, accessible off Traffic Street.
Thanks to our friends at Intu, we can offer audience members for The Little Mermaid a special deal of £4 for all-day parking, valid on the day you see the performance at the Theatre. Ask at Box Office on arrival.