You don't have to miss out on your festive theatrical treat... Experience the magic of theatre this New Year from the comfort of your own home!
A full show recording of our magical family show, The Little Mermaid, is available to view online on selected dates. Bookings must be made by at least 3 hours before your desired performance start time.
Scroll down for more information on the show, how to book and how to view the performance online...
How To Book & Watch
- All bookings must be made in advance and we encourage you to book online. Please note that there is a booking deadline of 3 hours before each online performance start time.
- After booking, you will immediately be sent an e-ticket which contains the link and password to view the performance on Vimeo on your selected performance date and time. Your password will be active from one hour before the start time.
- Your e-ticket will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the address on your theatre account. Please make sure this has a correct e-mail address so we can send your e-ticket and your link/password. Your e-ticket will also be accessible from your theatre account.
- IMPORTANT: to ensure you don't miss any emails from us, please add the email addresses email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org to your known/safe senders list or be sure to check your junk or spam folders. This does not add you to our marketing mailing list.
- You do not need a Vimeo account to watch The Little Mermaid but you will need to enter the password.
- You will have two hours after the scheduled start time to view the pre-recorded performance before the password expires.
- A digital usher will be present should you have any issues accessing the performance. Their name and contact details will be included in the email with your link and password.
About The Show
An underwater adventure perfect for ages 5+ and their families
Far below the crashing waves of the ocean’s surface, and into its deepest depths, is where our story begins. The Little Mermaid finds herself out of her depth as she battles with storms and witches to find her one true love.
The Little Mermaid weaves a magical tale of love, loss and adventure where two fish characters take us on a journey with the ever-curious little mermaid, who is enthralled with the unknown world above the sea and the humans that inhabit it. The Little Mermaid longs to leave her beautiful world and chase happiness as a human… but transformation and love come at a price.
Directed by Sarah Brigham and from the amazingly talented creative team who have produced many much-loved Derby Theatre Christmas shows, this enchanting story promises to be a theatrical experience that will thrill children and adults alike.
Derby Theatre is a 'Covid-secure' venue and this production has been safely pre-recorded, following government guidance.
The Little Mermaid cast features two teams of actors who will perform on alternate dates. Scroll down for more information...
The Little Mermaid is based on the original production by Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre.
Running Time: approx 45 minutes (no interval).
Closed Captions are available to use on all online recordings of The Little Mermaid.
An Audio Described recording is available in addition to the standard recording on:
Thursday 24 December at 10:30am, Thursday 31 December at 1.30pm, Saturday 2 January at 1:30pm and 6pm
A BSL interpreted recording is available in addition to the standard recording on:
Saturday 2 January at 1:30pm and 6pm
The Little Mermaid cast will feature two teams of actors who will perform on alternate dates.
Team Fish is April Nerissa Hudson and Oliver Ashworth.
Team Chips is Joelle Brabban and Jordan Laidley.
Team Fish Performances
Tuesday 8 December at 6pm
Saturday 12 December at 1.30pm and 6pm
Thursday 17 December at 1.30pm
Friday 18 December at 10.30am and 6pm
Sunday 20 December at 10.30am
Wednesday 23 December at 1.30pm and 6pm
Sunday 27 December at 1.30pm
Tuesday 29 December at 6pm
Team Chips Performances
Friday 11 December at 1.30pm and 6pm
Sunday 13 December at 10.30am
Wednesday 16 December at 6pm
Saturday 19 December at 1.30pm and 6pm
Thursday 24 December at 10.30am
Thursday 31 December at 1.30pm
Saturday 2 January at 1.30pm and 6pm (BSL Interpreted)
Writer - Mike Kenny
Director - Sarah Brigham
Set & Costume Designer - Ali Allen
Lighting Designer - Jamie Vella
Composer & Sound Designer - Ivan Stott
Puppet Maker & Director - John Barber
Voice Coach - Anita Gilbert
Digital Packages for Schools
If you are school group or class that is unable to join us in person, why not book for your whole school to watch The Little Mermaid together online - available in three different packages.
To make a schools’ booking for The Little Mermaid: please email email@example.com with ‘The Little Mermaid Schools’ Booking’ in the subject line of the email.