Student Ambassador Scheme
Applications Now Closed. Check back soon.
Our Student Ambassador Scheme allows selected students to gain invaluable experience by working alongside us to promote theatre to students across the Midlands.
The scheme works by giving students (on any university course not just theatre courses) an insight into what happens 'backstage' at a professional theatre. As Derby Theatre is a learning theatre, all of the team are engaged in helping students develop their knowledge and experience by opening up their departments, the times of which fit flexibly around your studies.
Therefore, we have a variety of opportunities to allow you to find your passion within the theatre. Or simply join us to find out more about what happens at Derby Theatre!
What we can offer you during your time as a Student Ambassador:
1) Complimentary tickets for you and a plus one to see one of our produced shows (we do six every year!) either on press night or during previews
2) A chance to meet the cast and visit rehearsals of one of our produced shows
3) To learn more about marketing and other areas of what happens 'backstage' at a professional learning theatre
4) A platform for your voice to be heard - blogs and reviews written by yourselves will be published on our website
What you can offer us as a Derby Theatre Student Ambassador:
1) Seeing work and then composing blogs/ reviews for us to publish on our website
2) Having a strong social media presents in order to encourage people/fellow students to see a show
3) Occasional door drops of flyers and posters to help spread the word about a show around the community