UPDATE: Please note that this event will now take place with reduced audience capacity and socially distanced seating, following the roadmap update that restrictions will not be lifted until 19 July.
Running Time: Approx. 1 hour 50 minutes (including 15 minute interval)
This summer, join Toad, Ratty, Mole, Badger and their animal friends for a whirlwind adventure amidst the English countryside.
When Mole forfeits his spring cleaning for the lure of the luscious riverbank, he has no idea of the thrilling journey that he and his friends are all about to embark on.
Featuring live music, songs and a talented company of actor-musicians, this charming and delightful adaptation by Toby Hulse of Kenneth Grahame’s classic story remains a firm family favourite and is sure to be a seasonal summer treat for audiences of all ages.
The Wind in the Willows is a funny, timeless tale of friendship, courage, consequences and bravery, and will play in the new Performance Marquee at Derby Market Place, a friendly and safe space made to welcome you back to the city.
- The Wind in the Willows will now take place with reduced capacity and socially distanced seating, following the roadmap update that restrictions will not be lifted until 19 July.
- This production is showing in the Performance Marquee at Derby Market Place in the city centre. Get directions
- Seats on Bank A, Row B will only be available to book via Derby Live. All other seats can be booked through Derby Theatre.
- All bookings must be made in advance, where you will be issued with an e-ticket. Please note that the Box Office is currently open for calls and in-person enquiries Tuesdays - Saturdays between 10am - 2pm. Online bookings are available 24/7.
- For any enquiries please email email@example.com or text 07717 346 964 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Please make sure your theatre account has an up-to-date e-mail address and contact number so we can send your e-ticket.
- Book with confidence: we will be offering a flexible ticketing policy to avoid any concern about cancelled performances. A free exchange or refund will be offered in cases of event cancellations due to COVID-19.
Socially Distanced Seating Pods
- In line with government advice, we are offering seats for all in-person events up until 19 July 2021 in socially distanced pods with one metre distance between each pod. Pods of seats can only be booked and occupied by people from within one household or bubble.
- Please only book into a seating pod that matches your group size. If the pod size you wish to book is not available, please consider booking two pods of 2 for a group of 4, one pod of 2 and one pod of 3 for a group of 5 and so on. If this is not suitable, please do get in touch to discuss by email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07717 346 964.
BSL Interpreted: Sat 3 July, 3pm
BSL Interpreted & Relaxed Performance: Sun 11 July, 11am (BSL Interpreted by Janet Guest)
Relaxed Performance: Wed 7 July, 5:30pm
Friends Membership Deal
Friends get tickets for just £6 on performances from Sunday 27 -Tuesday 29 June only (£2 off). Simply login into your theatre account before booking for your discounts to be automatically applied when adding tickets to your basket.
Friends are entitled to 1 discounted ticket, Joint Friends can get 2 discounted tickets and Family Friends can get up to 6 discounted tickets.
Why not combine your booking to see The Wind in the Willows with an Alfresco Dining Experience on Derby Market Place. For more details and to book click the button below.
Meet The Cast
Top row left-right: Ruby Ablett, Dylan Bull, Charlotte Dowding, Kaine Hatukai, TJ Holmes. Bottom row left-right: Charlotte Joliffe, Jim kitson, Tilly-Mae Millbrook and Ana Delmore
Adapted by Toby Hulse
Director Trina Haldar
Composer and Sound Designer Ivan Stott
Set and Costume Designer Nettie Scriven
Assistant Set and Costume Designer Irene Jade
Movement Director Jeanefer Jean-Charles
Lighting DesignerAlexandra Stafford
Prop Maker Alex Hatton
Production Photography Pamela Raith