How To Book
Last updated 19 July 2021
Following the latest government announcement on Monday 12 July, announcing the lifting of remaining lockdown restrictions from Monday 19 July, we can confirm that some safety measures will remain in place at Derby Theatre.
The safety and confidence of our audiences in returning for a safe and enjoyable visit remains a priority and of paramount importance.
Derby Theatre's Box Office counter service is now open on Tuesdays - Saturdays from 10am-4pm, as well as 90 minutes before a performance, for customers to make bookings and enquiries in person.
All bookings must now be made in advance. Online booking is available 24/7 on our website.
If you wish to book and collect your tickets from the Box Office on the day you must book by visiting, calling, texting or emailing the Box Office.
Box Office: 01332 59 39 39
PLEASE NOTE: the Box Office phone line is currently available to take calls on Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 4pm until further notice.
Text Number: 07717 346 964
For patrons wishing to make a booking or an enquiry via text, our text phone number is 07717 346 964, which is monitored Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm.
For email enquiries, please email DerbyTheatreTickets@derby.ac.uk.
We endeavour to respond as quickly as possible and are currently operating on a reduced staff team, so it may take us slightly longer to process your email. We will try and get back to you within 5 working days and we thank you in advance for your patience.
- After booking events, you will be sent a confirmation of your booking and an e-ticket via email.
- E-tickets allow us to minimise contact so please make sure your theatre account contains an up-to-date email address.
- If your event is held at the theatre: simply show your e-ticket to a member of our team before entering the auditorium and they will scan the e-ticket directly from your phone. This avoids you having to print at home and/or anyone having to handle printed tickets.
- If your event is online: your e-ticket will contain any links or passwords you need to access the event.
- Your e-tickets are accessible from your theatre account at any time.
- If you are unable to be sent an e-ticket via email you may wish to collect your tickets from the Box Office on the day. To request this, you must book by calling, texting or emailing the Box Office. Protective screens will be in place in the Box Office area.
- Please note: we are currently unable to post tickets to you at this time.
Please be ready to make any on-site payments via a contactless bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
We accept all types of card payments, except American Express. Cheques are only accepted for group bookings of 20 or more. Please note, we can only reserve seats without payment for group bookings of 10 or more.
Flexible Ticketing Policy
- In the unfortunate event of a future production/performance being cancelled due to Covid-19 related issues, we will automatically offer you: an exchange to a different production/performance (if available); theatre credit (to be used on a future production at Derby Theatre, available for 12 months), a full refund or the option to donate to the Theatre.
- If you are unable to attend a performance due to displaying Covid-19 symptoms, we will be able to offer you theatre credit, valid for 12 months from May 2021.
- If you are unable to attend for any other reason, we are unable to offer a refund. Credit may be offered, but will be assessed on a case by case basis (dependent on the circumstances).