How To Book
Derby Theatre has introduced a range of new health and safety measures to the booking process, in line with government advice and local health authority requirements, that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19.
Please note: this guide will be updated as per government guidelines at each stage of the roadmap (17 May and 21 June) so please do check back for future updates as we receive these.
Last updated 12 May 2021
All bookings must now be made in advance. Online booking is available 24/7 on our website.
If you wish to book and collect your tickets from the Box Office on the day you must book by calling, texting or emailing the Box Office.
Box Office: 01332 59 39 39
PLEASE NOTE: the Box Office phone line is currently available to take calls on Tuesdays - Saturdays, 10am - 2pm until further notice.
Text Number: 07717 346 964
For patrons wishing to make a booking or an enquiry via text, our text phone number is 07717 346 964, which is monitored Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm.
Derby Theatre's Box Office counter service will re-open from Tuesday 18 May 2021 and be available on Tuesdays - Saturdays from 10am-2pm, as well as 90 minutes before a performance, for customers to make bookings and enquiries in person.
For email enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavour to respond as quickly as possible and are currently operating on a reduced staff team, so it may take us slightly longer to process your email. We will try and get back to you within 5 working days and we thank you in advance for your patience.
Track and Trace
When booking, please ensure the contact details on your theatre account contain an up-to-date phone number and email address.
In line with the latest government guidance, we must now collect track and trace data for all visitors over the age of 16, not just the lead booker of each party. Please allow additional time during your visit to follow instructions from staff in the collection of track and trace data. This is in place for everyone’s safety.
Socially Distanced Seating Pods - until 21 June 2021
- In line with government advice and reduced capacity, we are only offering seats for any in-person events up until 21 June 2021 in socially distanced pods (of varying sizes, but not exceeding 6 people), with one metre distance between each pod. Pods of seats can only occupied by people from within 1 household or bubble.
- During this time, please only book into a seating pod that matches your group size. For example a group of two people should not book into a pod of four people. If the pod size you wish to book is not available, please consider booking two pods of 2 for a group of 4, one pod of 2 and one pod of 3 for a group of 5 and so on, or please try another performance.
- For any enquiries on how to book a seating pod please email email@example.com or text 07717 346 964.
- If government guidelines change before an event takes place, the seating plan may change and capacity may increase.
- For groups – group sizes within a single seating pod cannot exceed 6 people. Groups exceeding 6 people can be allocated a number of pods in close proximity to each other. For example, a group of 12 could be placed in 3 pods of 4, as long as each of those 4 people are from the same household or bubble. Outside of the auditorium, in the front of house areas, we ask you to adhere to the government policy of not gathering in groups of more than 6 people.
- For schools – on selected events we may be able to offer a number of schools-only performances where larger sized pods of seats will be available to accommodate class-sized bookings. If you wish to make a school booking or have any questions about school visits please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book with confidence - free exchange or refund in case of cancellation due to COVID-19. Scroll down for more information on our flexible ticketing policy.
- After booking events, you will be sent a confirmation of your booking and an e-ticket via email.
- E-tickets allow us to minimise contact so please make sure your theatre account contains an up-to-date email address.
- If your event is held at the theatre: simply show your e-ticket to a member of our team before entering the auditorium and they will scan the e-ticket directly from your phone. This avoids you having to print at home and/or anyone having to handle printed tickets.
- If your event is online: your e-ticket will contain any links or passwords you need to access the event.
- Your e-tickets are accessible from your theatre account at any time.
- If you are unable to be sent an e-ticket via email you may wish to collect your tickets from the Box Office on the day. To request this, you must book by calling, texting or emailing the Box Office. Protective screens will be in place in the Box Office area.
- Please note: we are currently unable to post tickets to you at this time.
Please be ready to make any on-site payments via a contactless bank card, rather than cash, where possible.
We accept all types of card payments, except American Express. Cheques are only accepted for group bookings of 20 or more. Please note, we can only reserve seats without payment for group bookings of 10 or more.
Flexible Ticketing Policy
- In the unfortunate event of a future production/performance being cancelled, we will automatically offer you: an exchange to a different production/performance (if available); theatre credit (to be used on a future production at Derby Theatre, available for 12 months), a full refund or the option to donate to the Theatre.
- If you are unable to attend a performance due to displaying Covid-19 symptoms, we will be able to offer you theatre credit, valid for 12 months from May 2021.
- If you are unable to attend for any other reason, we are unable to offer a refund. Credit may be offered, but will be assessed on a case by case basis (dependent on the circumstances).